Position Location: United States
The Commissioning Engineer position is located in the US and has responsibility for providing technical expertise and leadership in the planning and implementation of Anova’s propriety C2QA process that incorporates both Construction Quality Assurance and Commissioning activities.
In this role, the Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for developing C2QA plans for projects and then leading the execution which includes, functional test protocol development and execution, as well as document preparation and submittals.
The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of construction quality assurance techniques and practices and be able to incorporate these techniques into the C2QA plan. The candidate will also have a strong understanding of typical building systems (HVAC, plumbing systems, normal and emergency power, building automation). This position will work with Project/Construction Managers, partner firms, contractors, vendors, and owner representatives to develop and execute the C2QA process for new facilities and equipment.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Leadership – The Commissioning Engineer must be able to lead groups of people through the planning, execution and documentation phases of a project. This includes providing direction, schedule, and oversight of others deliverables and work. They must represent C2QA in project meetings and speak clearly to expectations and requirements.
- Planning – The Commissioning Engineer must be able to develop a C2QA plan including budgets and estimates.This also includes assurance of project Requirements generation which is critical to Commissioning activities
- Execution – The Engineer must be able to work with clients, contractors, and vendors to determine testing approaches for systems and equipment. This work can be conducted on-site or at a factory before shipment depending on the strategy
- Documentation – The Commissioning Engineer must be able to create and organize documentation to meet project requirements. This includes creation and assembly of packages. For larger projects, this work may involve supervising people performing this work.
- Metrics and Status – The Commissioning Engineer must routinely report on the status of C2QA by providing metrics.
- Program Development – As a member of the Anova team they will be expected to contribute to the further development, enhancement and maturation of the Anova C2QA program. In this role, they will participate in team meetings, share learning’s from previous projects and offer ideas to enhance the program.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate conflict to resolution
- Effective meeting management
- Ability to influence all levels of the project and site personnel
- Leadership Skills – The capacity to achieve results through people is critical.
- Communication skills – the ability to both speak and write clearly, in both interpersonal and technical contexts
- Facilitate issue resolution – anticipate scope changes, and implement safely with quality, speed and value.
- Disciplined Approach – Demonstrated value for a disciplined, structured approach to project management based on compliance with Policies and Procedures rather than an approach dependent on a personal style
- Attention to Detail – ability and willingness to dig into details.
- Independent worker – Self-starter – ability to work independently with little day-to-day direction.
- Familiarity with typical building systems (HVAC, plumbing, normal and emergency power, building automation)
Commissioning Engineer Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required
- Trade/Technical School a plus
- Construction related experience preferred
- BIM/3D modeling experience preferred
- Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint experience required
- Travel is up to 100% nationwide and international, passport required
- Driver’s License required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Submit Your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org