Construction is complete for Bastian Solutions Advanced Technology Center in Georgetown, Kentucky. The new facility will enable Bastian Solutions to meet the increased demand for autonomous vehicles by delivering high-quality, innovative automation systems for today’s rapid production and distribution environments.
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics Company, selected Anova as the Owner’s Technical Representative for the construction of their new 40,000 SF facility. The new manufacturing facility supports custom automation engineering and the distribution of advanced material handling technologies such as autonomous vehicles. Their engineers and technical experts will use the facility to focus on current and developing automated guided vehicles technologies.
As Owner’s Technical Representative, Anova’s scope of services included:
- Quality assurance to confirm project was constructed per plans and specification
- Quality inspection and auditing site visits to verify quality and review construction issues
- Quality issue resolution and punch list including verification of resolution and change management recommendations
- Quality planning and installation verification
- Schedule oversight including identification of long lead challenges and issues
- Budgeting and cost control, contractor performance, and verification and approval of contractor pay applications
- Scope control and pricing for proposed owner changes
Bastian Solutions has a history of solutions development and implementation, ranging from the most simple to highly automated, including mobile robots, automated storage, and retrieval systems (ASRS), automated guided vehicles, goods-to-person technology, sortation, and conveyor.
Brad Garwood served as the Owner’s Technical Representative for the project.